Newt Mountain Bike Camp Lesson Plan
Lesson plans are subject to change.
Note to parents: This is a parent cooperative camp. You are lucky enough to join us for two out of five days of fun! (We will do a registration of those days when we get close to our camp session) You are also “in charge” of leading a parent-led activity during one time slot. This is your chance to share something fun that YOUR family likes to do together. It could be a sing-along, physical game, story, art activity… if you are “stumped” let us know – we’ve got TONS of ideas!
Lesson plans are subject to change.[ut_tabgroup] [ut_tab title=”Loose Schedule” id=”t1″] [ut_one_fourth] 8:30
11:30[/ut_one_fourth][ut_three_fourths_last]Arrival & Check-in (please: late arrivals, call ahead to let us know)
Departure [/ut_three_fourths_last] [/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”Games” id=”t2″]
Listed Below are some common activities and games that campers enjoy through out a normal day at camp. Please ask them about some of the games below! Please note that we do not get through all these games during a normal camp week.[ut_one_fourth] Dab
Capture the Flag : Friday only
Giants, Wizards & Elves
Man Hunt[/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”Lessons” id=”t3″] Throughout the week we teach campers essential skills to further their mountain biking abilities. Listed below are the lessons we get through in a normal camp week.
Shifting, Braking, Hovering (SBH)
Climbing and Descending
Wednesday Racing[/ut_tab][ut_tab title=”Trails” id=”t4″] It’s no secret we ride during camp, a lot. Listed below are some of the most popular trails for campers, feel free to ask about them!
Cliffs of Insanity
Bear Run[/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”Competitions” id=”t5″] We love encouraging friendly competition during the camp week, this usually comes in the form of bike competitions. Listed below are the games that we play throughout the week.
Pump Park Race
Mountain Bike Limbo
Cliffs of Insanity Race[/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”WHAT TO BRING” id=”t6″]
- Bike Helmet (skate board specific helmets are built differently and should be bike certified, also – check the label). Rentals available.
- Mountain Bike – in good working condition. Rentals available.( Please remember: your child should be a proficient two-wheeled bicyclist with good control, steering, etc…)
- Water bottle with a bicycle cage or a hydration pack
- A light snacks (Please keep camp dietary restrictions in mind)
- Adequate apparel (bike shorts are highly recommended!) including rain gear, some extra layers and A COMPLETE SET OF DRY CLOTHES FOR EACH DAY
- A towel for “cleaning” yourself off
- An old tee shirt and tooth brush for cleaning the bike
- Bug repellant
- Sun screen