Cadets Mountain Bike Camp Lesson Plan
Lesson plans are subject to change.[ut_tabgroup] [ut_tab title=”Loose Schedule” id=”t1″] [ut_one_fourth] 8:15-8:30
12:00 – 1:00
4:45 – 5:00 [/ut_one_fourth][ut_three_fourths_last]Drop-off time (please: late arrivals, call ahead to let us know)
Get ready to ride
Lunch & Free Time
Competition of the Day
Clean Bikes & Pick-up time [/ut_three_fourths_last] [/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”Games” id=”t2″]
Listed Below are some common activities and games that campers enjoy through out a normal day at camp. Please ask them about some of the games below! Please note that we do not get through all these games during a normal camp week.[ut_one_fourth] Dab
Capture the Flag : Friday only
Giants, Wizards & Elves
Man Hunt[/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”Lessons” id=”t3″] Throughout the week we teach campers essential skills to further their mountain biking abilities. Listed below are the lessons we get through in a normal camp week.
Shifting, Braking, Hovering (SBH)
Climbing and Descending
Wednesday Racing[/ut_tab][ut_tab title=”Trails” id=”t4″] It’s no secret we ride during camp, a lot. Listed below are some of the most popular trails for campers, feel free to ask about them!
Cliffs of Insanity
Bear Run[/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”Competitions” id=”t5″] We love encouraging friendly competition during the camp week, this usually comes in the form of bike competitions. Listed below are the games that we play throughout the week.
Pump Park Race
Mountain Bike Limbo
Cliffs of Insanity Race[/ut_tab] [ut_tab title=”WHAT TO BRING” id=”t6″]
- Bike Helmet (skate board specific helmets are built differently and should be bike certified, also – check the label). Rentals available.
- Mountain Bike – in good working condition. Rentals available.( Please remember: your child should be a proficient two-wheeled bicyclist with good control, steering, etc…)
- Water bottle with a bicycle cage or a hydration pack
- Two light snacks (Please keep camp dietary restrictions in mind)
- A Complete Lunch
- Adequate apparel (bike shorts are highly recommended!) including rain gear, some extra layers and A COMPLETE SET OF DRY CLOTHES FOR EACH DAY
- A towel for “cleaning” yourself off
- An old tee shirt and tooth brush for cleaning the bike
- Bug repellant
- Sun screen
- A watch